History

The North Palm Beach Heights Water Control District (“the District”) was formed and authorized pursuant to Circuit Court order in the late 1950’s. Although water control districts were originally formed by judicial decree, new districts are now formed through “special acts” of the Florida Legislature.

Florida Statute chapter 298, entitled”Drainage and Water Control”, governs the operation of Florida’s water control districts. The statute establishes the power, duties, rules, regulations, and taxing authority of water control districts.

In 1984 a special act authorized construction of water and sewer improvements. The special act further authorized the District to levy assessments to pay for the improvements.