Frequently Asked Questions

What is the North Palm Beach Heights Water Control District and why is it on my tax bill?
The district was created by the Florida legislature to maintain our canals and oversee the repayment of the debt used to create our neighborhood (roads,sewers,etc). The Palm Beach County Tax collector is responsible to
collects monies for the district.
Tax Explanation in PDF Format

What are the charges on my tax bill marked NPBH Water Ctl Distr? This is over $600 on my tax bill.
These charges are for monies borrowed to pave streets,install sewers and install city water in our
neighborhood.(Labeled “Debt”). They are also for maintenance of the canals. (Labeled “Maint).

When will the debt be paid off so my tax bill will be reduced?
The debt portion will paid off in 2012. We will always pay something to maintain our canals.

When and where are the meetings?
Board Meetings are held every other month beginning in January. This means
meetings are held in the odd months of the year (1, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 11).
Meetings are held at the Jupiter Library beginning at 7:00 p.m.
Signs are posted at the entrances to the Heights and the meeting notices will be included on this website.

How often are the canals mowed/cleaned?
The canals are mowed/cleaned once per quarter. The board is currently evaluating if a fifth cut is necessary/cost effective.

I have heard about an easement. What is it and how does it affect
my property?

First of all the easements only apply to those houses on a canal. A drainage easement is a portion of your lot that the District has the right to use to maintain the drainage canals. The resident owns the property but the District has jurisdiction over it. In order to build anything in the easement, a permit must be obtained from the District.
Drawings of the district canal sections are available here in PDF format.

I want to build a pool, or a fence, or a patio. What permits do I need
obtain? Permits required for residential construction in the Heights.

A permit must be obtained from the Town of Jupiter for any construction. If your house is on a canal you will also need a permit from the district if the construction extends into the easement area. No structures are allowed in the drainage easements. Fence/pavers bricks will be allowed subject to review & approval by the district and issuance ofa fence or general permit. Signed Permit application shall be submitted with the appropiate fee payable to NPBHWCD. The storm runoff from these lots should be directed towards the street and not the canal.

For a district permit/information contact the District engineer at

Jeff H. Iravani, Inc.
1934 Commerce Lane Suite-5
Jupiter FL 33458
Tel: 575-6030
Fax: 575-6088

Web Development & Web Hosting Provided By
Web Design of Palm Beach, Inc
Copyright ©2007 All Rights Reserved
Terms of Use / Privacy Policy